POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : realistic lighting I (fading) : realistic lighting I (fading) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  realistic lighting I (fading)
From: maesju
Date: 3 Dec 2005 06:10:01
Message: <web.43917b418a00281f7b4fb7150@news.povray.org>
the way povray handles the darkening of light_sources with distance (r)
isn`t very realistic unfortunately. in reality without(!) any attenuation,
intensity (I) follows I(r)= d^2/r^2, d being some normal distance where I=1
is assumed. for distances >> d "fade_power 2 fade_distance d " works pretty
well but for small distances intensity should rise much faster than
provided by the fade formula (see documentation).
My personal workaround was now to dramatically increase the light color (16
or so) and adjust a relatively short fade_distance by trial and error in a

anyone solved the problem yet?

maesju